Pathology is at the center of medicine, and is undergoing a profound transformation as the final frontier of digitization in healthcare. We started Proscia to accelerate pathology’s transition from microscope to images, and to use that data to change the way we think about cancer. We can’t change medicine alone. That’s why we’re looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. Developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
At Proscia, we push the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. We build software used by thousands of scientists and pathologists, who work on the front lines of fighting big enemies, like cancer, for patients around the globe. To accelerate our vision, Proscia has raised $35MM in funding from great investors like Scale Venture Partners, Hitachi Ventures, Flybridge, and more.
About this Position
The data to fight cancer lies in images - specifically, in gigapixel scans of tissue. The Senior AI Scientist will be directly involved in the development of cutting-edge AI technology in the field of pathology. Using your experience and knowledge in machine learning algorithms, you will play a key role in the research and development of Proscia's digital pathology and artificial intelligence software. As a core member of Proscia's R&D team, you will be an essential part of transforming the practice of pathology and cancer diagnosis.
You are a highly collaborative person who derives inspiration from conducting cutting-edge applied research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning that solves real-world problems in medicine. You’re interested in exciting problems and having a real impact on healthcare today and have a passion for continuous learning and development. At Proscia, you will be an integral part of turning images into insights in the fight against cancer.
- Be an essential part of Proscia’s AI R&D team, working closely with a close team of talented engineers and scientists to develop AI systems
- Collaborate with clinical experts and Proscia AI product owners to translate digital pathology challenges into well-defined machine learning problems
- Lead projects that deliver a Artificial Intelligence-driven solutions in an agile environment that expands the computational pathology capabilities of Proscia’s AI products
- Design & implement new deep learning models and systems that are aligned with Proscia’s AI product requirements
- Mentors more junior team members in scientific, development and research practices
- Benchmark model baselines and collaborate with the product team to provide recommendations for product-driven research into model performance improvements
- Collaborate with the Machine Learning Engineering team to ensure models can be deployed as a stable, tested, and high performance service in an AI product
- Develop tools that assist other scientists and pathologists interpret AI product functionality
- Stay up-to-date in the state of the art of deep learning in computational pathology and participate in scientific journal discussions
- Take ownership as a main writer/contributor of research paper submissions of the AI team to journals and conferences that showcase Proscia’s research
- Participate in documenting innovations as part of the patent disclosure process.
- Maintain an ethical culture of scientific rigor and a high level of competence in research conduct
Need to have:
- Graduate studies in Computer Science or related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Biomedical, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering) and at least 3-5 years of proven work experience in Artificial Intelligence
- Experience as a deep learning scientist who has a proven track record of completed projects, with demonstrated depth in at least one area and breadth across your expertise
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with standard deep learning algorithms and model architectures
- Familiarity with current deep learning literature and mathematical basis of machine learning
- Proven research track record in PyTorch, Tensorflow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Experienced in machine learning best practices, scalable training and deployment, model evaluation, and interpretability
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in a cross-functional organization and communicate model results to non-AI experts
- Working familiarity with at least one database solution
- A passion for translational biomedical research
Desirable to have:
- At least one peer-reviewed publication in deep learning and/or a peer-reviewed proceeding at a major AI conference
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Domain expertise in histology image data or other medical image analysis
- Track record of contributing to open source projects
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
We're here for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.