Pathology is at the center of medicine, and is undergoing a profound transformation as the final frontier of digitization in healthcare. We started Proscia to accelerate pathology’s transition from microscope to images, and to use that data to change the way we think about cancer. We can’t change medicine alone. That’s why we’re looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. Developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
At Proscia, we push the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. We build software used by thousands of scientists and pathologists, who work on the front lines of fighting big enemies, like cancer, for patients around the globe. To accelerate our vision, Proscia has raised $35MM in funding from great investors like Scale Venture Partners, Hitachi Ventures, Flybridge, and more.
About this Position
The data to fight cancer lies in images - specifically, in gigapixel scans of tissue. The AI Product Manager will be directly involved in the ideation, creation, and commercialization of cutting-edge AI technology in the field of pathology. Leveraging your experience and know-how in AI and medical diagnostics product management, you will help to shape and deliver on Proscia’s AI product roadmap, identifying new opportunities to expand our portfolio of software applications and bringing to market new and transformative technologies. As a core member of Proscia's Product team, you will be an essential part of changing the practice of pathology and cancer diagnosis, turning pixels into patterns and insights in the fight against cancer.
You will be responsible for the life cycle of a product that manages product delivery along with identifying what the product’s defining features will be. You will delve into the workflow and process of the pathologist and derive product ideas to support the physician.
The Product Manager will report to the VP of Product and work with several other members of the organization, including Project Management, Clinical, Regulatory, Sales, Marketing and R&D.
You will have the following responsibilities:
● Contribute to the delivery of the product roadmap, product definition and requirements, product pricing, go-to-market approach and product market validation.
● Act as the liaison between R&D, Engineering Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Sales to ensure the product is developed according to specification, marketed and sold according to labeling, and enter the market as quickly and competitively as possible
● Keep abreast of the competitive landscape in partnership to ensure sales and channel understand the differentiation and value propositions of Proscia’s products.
● Develop, manage, maintain, and communicate product roadmaps and project plans that align business strategy and capabilities with market expectations.
● Contribute to advancing Proscia’s product development methodology to improve and enhance the user experience, product and feature prioritization, release predictability, quality, and velocity to support research and development of our AI modules
● Obtains product market share by working with commercial leadership to develop product sales strategies.
● Conduct primary and secondary research and have a crisp understanding of the voice of the customer to be able to develop and document product requirements and specifications
● Deep understanding of Software, AI, and preferably medical imaging products.
● Help create a culture of continuous innovation and invention for the business.
Minimum Education and Experience:
● 4-6 years work experience as product manager in medical software imaging or healthcare/lifesciences and IT sectors with AI experience (preferred)
● Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
● Experience in product ethnography and familiarity with time and motion studies
● Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
● Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in medical software development
● Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job completed
● Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● MS/BS degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
● Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
How you will be measured:
● Products launch successfully and on-time
● Accurate go-to-market strategies with products generating revenue
● Successfully working across the company to mitigate product risks and obtain product buy-in
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
We're here for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Your application was submitted successfully.